The Engineering Department maintains maps and plats of subdivisions within the City.
View / Obtain Maps
Copies of the General Map of Terrell are available from the city engineer's office and are available in digital format. Contact the City Engineer's Office at 972-551-6600, ext. 8004 for details and applicable costs.
- City Maps
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Maps
- Zoning Map
- City Thoroughfare Development Plan
- This map set was compiled from information drawn from numerous sources and is intended to provide general information only. Though it is, probably, the most accurate graphical representation of the community to date, it is not intended to take the place of plats, deeds or other instruments of record, which are available to the public at the Kaufman County Courthouse, and should be used accordingly.
- Horizontal control for the map set is based upon work that was performed in 1976 when aerial planimetric and topographic data for the entire city were gathered. Though somewhat dated, that map set is available for review at the city engineer's office. The maps are on 24-inch-by-36-inch sheets (scale 1 inch equal to 200 feet, 2 feet contour interval). They are available in digital form.
- Property and right-of-way lines shown by the map set are based upon plats of record, where available and where those recorded positions fit known conditions on-the-ground; otherwise, they are based on more recent survey data, aerial photography, historical maps, and or maps produced by other agencies (e.g. Kaufman County Appraisal District).
- Future editions of the map set will include more detailed and other types of information. For instance, when a new comprehensive land use plan is complete and adopted, detailed Zoning, future thoroughfare alignments, etc., they will be added. In the interim, the types of information needed by map users may be available at the city engineers office. One may confirm this by calling 972-551-6600 ext. 8004 or sending a request to email@example.com.
- As with any undertaking of substantial complexity, this map set is bound to contain some errors and omissions. Users are asked to notify the engineer's office of these, at their earliest convenience, so corrections may be made if deemed necessary.
- Detailed maps of the city's 100-plus miles of water and sewer lines, water and sewer utility easement information, and FEMA floodplain maps are on file. City street maps are also available from the department office.
- Call 811 for location of TXU Electric, Atmos Energy (formally known as TXU Gas), Cebridge Cable and Southwestern Bell Telephone lines, or access Texas 811 online.