Pay Fine

Option 1 - Plead No Contest or Guilty & Pay the Fine

Plead “No Contest” or “Guilty” and pay the fine, which will result in a final conviction, waiver of your right to a jury trial and waiver of your right to review the evidence, if any, in your case.

  • Online- Paying your case through this service results in a judgment and conviction. If payment is for a moving violation, it will be on your driving record. Payments for Deferred Disposition or driver safety fees cannot be paid through this service.
    • Pay via our online portal - You will need your ticket/citation number, date of birth and possibly your driver’s license number (a 6.5% service fee is added to credit/debit card payments)
  • In Person - Appear at the Court Clerk’s window at:
    Terrell Police Headquarters
    1100 N State Highway 34
    Terrell, TX 75160
    Monday through Friday
    8 am to 5 pm
    • Pay by cash, check or money order and pay no fees. Credit and Debit Card payments are subjected to a 2% service fee 
    • In a hurry? If you choose to plead guilty or no contest and want to simply pay the fine, get a receipt and go, there is a convenient payment kiosk located in the lobby at City Hall. The kiosk accepts all forms of payments.
  • By Mail - Check the appropriate plea on the reverse side of your copy and sign your name. Mail your copy, copy of your Drivers License or ID and Money Order for the full amount to:
    Terrell Municipal Court
    1100 N State Highway 34
    Terrell, TX 75160

Option 2 - Plead Not Guilty & Request a Trial

If you wish to plead not guilty, you or your attorney must appear in person on or before the response date listed on your citation at the Court Clerk’s window. You may also mail in your plea of not guilty with a copy of your Drivers License or ID to the address below: 

Terrell Police Headquarters
1100 N State Highway 34
Terrell, TX 75160

Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm

Court Hearings cannot be scheduled by telephone. Once a trial date is set the Deferral and DSC options are no longer available.

Option 3 - Request a Driving Safety Course (DSC) or Motorcycle Operator Training Course

You must make this request by mail, online or in person. If you fail to request Driving Safety by the response date on your citation you will lose this option.

Option 4 - Request Deferred Disposition (Probation)

If you request Deferred Disposition by mail, online or in person, you must do so by the response date on the front of your citation.

Consequences of Ignoring A Citation

Failure to complete one of the options available on or before the response date on the front of your citation will result in:

  • A warrant being issued for your arrest and the fine amount will be the maximum allowed by law, plus court costs and fees - if a warrant for your arrest is issued, you will be subject to arrest at your home, place of business, or wherever you may be found.
  • A request to the Texas Department of Public Safety for the denial of driver's license renewal.

A telephone call does not constitute a response. The inability to pay this fine is not an excuse for failure to answer. Fine payment extensions may be granted at the time of appearance.

Special Instructions for Juveniles

Juveniles (ages 10 to 16) must appear in person with a parent or legal guardian for a court hearing. A Court appearance is also required for a Driving Safety Course or Deferred Disposition. Do not mail fine.

You and your parent are required to appear before the Court. You and your parent have a legal obligation to provide the Court in writing with your current address and residence. The obligation does not end when you reach the age of 17. On or before the seventh day after the date you or your parent change residence, you or your parent shall notify the Court of the current address by completing a “Juvenile Change of Address” form. A violation of this requirement may result in arrest and is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $500. The obligation terminates only on full discharge and satisfaction of the judgment. “Juvenile Change of Address” forms are available at the Court Clerk’s window.

If You Cannot Afford a Lawyer

This court does not provide direct legal services, represent individuals in legal matters, maintain a list of pro bono attorneys, or match individuals with pro bono attorneys. Please understand that funding for legal services is extremely limited and as a result, programs must turn away many with serious legal needs. At most, the State Bar of Texas can offer you referrals to low-cost civil legal services agencies in your area. For a listing of legal service providers by county, see the Referral Directory for Low-Income Texans (PDF).

If you do not qualify for legal aid, contact the Lawyer Referral Information Service at 800-252-9690. Through the Lawyer Referral Information Service, a person may have a limited consultation with an attorney for a minimal fee. At the end of the consultation, the attorney and individual may discuss possible representation and price structure. Please understand that the Lawyer Referral Information Service is not a pro bono or reduced-fee program. See the links below which are listed on the State’s Texas Judicial Branch website:

Notice: Nothing contained on this site is intended as legal advice. You may wish to consult an attorney before deciding which option is appropriate for you.

Contact Us

For any questions, please contact the Municipal Court.