The WINGS Adult Education Project aggressively promotes literacy in Kaufman County, fostering an educated workforce, an informed citizenry and an enhanced quality of life.
- Serves as a clearinghouse for information on adult education in Kaufman County
- Refers adult students to appropriate programs
- Refers volunteers to appropriate programs
- Provides training for program volunteers
- Conducts needs assessment for adult education in the county
- Acquires funding through grants and other development efforts
- Aids in coordinating literacy efforts throughout the county
- Basic Adult Literacy – Reading/Writing
- Basic Adult Literacy – Math
- Patient and caring tutors
- Basic Computer literacy and internet
- HISET (High School Equivalency Test) Preparation: High School Equivalency Test Mathematics Class will begin Monday, November 26, 2018. It will be held Mondays and Wednesdays 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Classes are held at 807 N. Catherine St. Terrell, TX 75160. *Registration Required. You can register at the library or online.High School Equivalency Test Language Arts Class will begin Tuesday, November 27, 2018. It will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Classes are held at 807 N. Catherine St. Terrell, TX 75160. *Registration Required. You can register at the library or online.
- Citizenship Training
- English as a Second Language classes
- And more...
For more information, contact the WINGS Coordinator at:
301 N. Rockwall
Terrell, TX 75160